Updated: Dec 17, 2020
RECIPE -ONION GRAVY , for roasts, potatoes, savoury pies...anything
When you sweat ( cook on a very low heat ) onions they get great flavour, and then they basically melt into the sauce.
Makes two cup
1 Onion - finely chopped
1 Garlic clove - minced
2 Olive oil
3 Tbsp flour
2 Cups of water
1 tbsp - tamari soya sauce
Salt and pepper
- Soften the onions and garlic in warmed oil
- Once the onions are very soft, sprinkle the flour over them and mix well
- Slowly add the water, while mixing so you have no lumps.
- keep stirring until it thickens.
- Add the tamari, a little salt and pepper and taste it to see if the seasoning is to your liking.
Also in your copy of Hungry Soul Cookbook on page 111.