Updated: Jun 8, 2020
RECIPE - HERB SALAD DRESSING
Vinaigrette is a salad dressing made with vinegar.
Vinaigrette is best made fresh. You can make a little more and keep it in the fridge for a day or two, but it never tastes as good as the first time. So make what you need on the day.
Often I make the dressing in the bottom of the salad bowl, just enough for one salad. Or in some cases season the salad by just pouring a tablespoon of oil and vinegar over the leaves and mixing it up...the easy, simple way.
Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
This recipe can be made without a blender, you just need to mince all the herbs and the garlic. If you use a blender it gives you a wonderful colourful sauce.
Take a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley - from the garden*
A few fresh basil leaves
A few fresh oregano leaves ( if you have them, or mint )
1 garlic clove, peeled
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
A pinch of salt and a little ground black pepper
1. Put everything into your blender. I use an upside down / bullet type blender, a great tool for making sauces.
2. Blend a minute or two until you have a smooth sauce.
3. Taste it, always taste. You can try it as is or with a leaf. It need a little more vinegar or oil ... maybe more garlic, why not!
4. Pour two tablespoon of vinaigrette onto the salad and mix well, then mix again. Make sure all the leaves are coated.
5. Taste the salad. It may need a little more dressing, but usually it does not, you do not want to drench the leaves and overpower the lovely taste.
Perfect combination with leaves just picked - Salade du Jardin
* Think Vitamin B12, use fresh herbs from your garden...read more.